With the Indian e-invoicing mandate quickly approaching, the GSTN recently issued a new version of API for e-invoicing. Version 1.02, together with release notes, is currently available for testing on the sandbox.
Starting from 1 October 2020, e-invoicing will be mandatory in India. Companies that are required to issue e-invoices – all registered businesses with a previous year’s revenue greater than Rs 100 crore (approx. 13 million Euros) – are trying to ensure that they will be in compliance with the new mandate. It is crucial to be ready when the mandate comes into effect since invoices that do not comply with the set requirements will be considered null and void.
Despite the new version introducing updates, there are still some issues that need to be clarified regarding the generation of e-invoices. Furthermore, it is expected that the GSTN will be revising the schema in the near future. Hence, considering that only three months remain before the mandate becomes effective, it is unclear if the already postponed mandate will be effective from 1 October 2020, or if it will be delayed once more due to the disruption caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Some of the changes that the API version 1.02 introduced are listed below:
- It is now possible to generate the e-waybill and invoice reference number (IRN) simultaneously;
- API for generation of e-waybill using the IRN is now operational;
- Validations applied for generation of IRN, generation and cancellation of e-waybill have been updated in the respective API documentation;
- Validations mentioned above have been successfully implemented on the server;
- The API URL has been replaced from v1.01 to v1.02;
- Version 1.01 will continue as it is for some time and will be phased out.
Find your compliance solution
Contact us to learn how Pagero can help you prepare for the upcoming mandate.
Watch our compliance webinar
Learn how to stay compliant in the current and ever-changing global regulatory landscape, no matter where you do business.